University of Limerick
Looking to study in Europe? Study abroad at one of the best European Universities, University of Limerick, Ireland. The University of Limerick (UL) was established in 1972 as the National Institute for Higher Education, Limerick and classified as the University of Limerick in 1989. The University of Limerick is an independent, internationally focused university with over 11,600 students and 1,300 staff. It is a young, energetic and enterprising university with a proud record of innovation in education and excellence in research and scholarship. The University of Limerick’s mission is to promote and advance learning and knowledge through teaching, research and scholarship in an environment which encourages innovation and upholds the principles of free inquiry and expression. At University of Limerick, particular attention is paid to the generation of knowledge which is relevant to the needs of Ireland’s continuing sociology-economic development.
UNIVERSITY OF LIMERICK, IRELAND
Looking to study in Ireland? Study abroad at one of the top universities in the world, University of Limerick, Ireland. University of Limerick career development program equips students with career management skills for life, not just for their graduate role. This progressive program is predicated on engaging with students from the first year of their degree. Specifically, it supports students in developing an understanding of their abilities, interests, preferences and motivations and impact on career-related decision making. Over 15,000 students and employers visit the careers service of University of Limerick annually. As well as one-to-one careers consultations, the Careers Service at the University of Limerick offers targeted employability programs (accredited and non-accredited) on topics such as professional development; building a career; skills and competences for the world of work; development of e-portfolios and CVs; and planning for postgraduate study. There is also an extensive graduate recruitment program, advertising over 1,500 graduate vacancies annually and hosting the largest graduate recruitment fair nationally. At postgraduate level, University of Limerick provides a suite of accredited sector-specific professional development programs, co-delivered with employers. University of Limerick institutional commitment to employability has made them the University of Choice for employers. UL graduates consistently enjoy the highest level of graduate employment nationally. At 72%, the employment rate for University of Limerick graduates trends at more than 20% above the average for the university sector. For doctoral graduates, graduate employment stands at 94%. In recent years, UL’s clear positioning in the employability domain has been endorsed by a number of awards, both national and international including the National Employability Challenge, the Graduate of the Year and the World Association for Cooperative Education Roll of Honour.
In November 2019, University of Limerick launched its Equality and Human Rights (EHR) Strategy. The detailed objectives, actions and expected outcomes for 13 grounds of Equality and Human Rights under 10 themes: Governance, Leadership, Staff Experience, Educational Experience, Research Experience, Campus Development, Events, Clubs and Societies, Public Relations, Marketing and Communications, Technology, Procurement and Budgeting.
University of Limerick have entered into a unique partnership with NUI Galway and the Georgia Institute of Technology, USA to develop a joint Translational Research Institute. This development is one of the first initiatives to come out of the UL-NUI Galway Alliance launched earlier this year. The Translational Research Institute will focus on the development and synergy of core technologies and expertise within the partner institutions, to provide Irish industries with relevant and world-class research solutions. UL, NUI Galway, Shannon Development, and Silicon Valley’s Irish Technology Leadership Group (ITLG) have launched the Shannon Energy Valley, a major renewable energy hub in Ireland’s Shannon Region. The Shannon Energy Valley initiative will create a national hub for Energy research and development, industry and commerce with a view to attracting international investment and generating high-end employment in the region. A Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) has been signed between the four partners that commits them to delivering a hub of excellence and innovation that will harness the natural resources of the region, as well as its highly skilled workforce and access to top class research and development expertise at UL and NUI Galway. The University of Limerick is continuing to strengthen its links with industry leaders as it hosts the Irish Technology Leadership Group (ITLG) ‘Silicon Valley Comes To Ireland’ event in conjunction with Alliance partner, NUI Galway and Shannon Development, in November this year. This event brings prominent figures from the innovation, business and venture capital communities in Silicon Valley to the region for a review of potential investment opportunities, under the chairmanship of former Intel CEO and Chairman Dr Craig Barrett.
Since its inception, engagement with industry has been central to the University of Limerick’s modus operandi. Active engagement with industry has helped build the University of Limerick’s reputation for being at the forefront of industry-relevant research and development. The University of Limerick’s aim for engagement with industry is to enable a mutually beneficial exchange via the exploration and application of knowledge and expertise. The University of Limerick is committed to continuing and increasing its collaboration and partnerships with large and small Irish and international enterprises.
University of Limerick is delighted to present the Healthy UL Framework. Led by Prof. Catherine Woods, a wide-ranging group of students and staff have developed the Healthy UL framework, which is University of Limerick’s response, and commitment to, implementing Healthy Ireland. This comprehensive framework clearly demonstrates how, collectively, University of Limerick will work together to improve the health and well being of students, staff, and visitors to the University.
University of Limerick offer
Bachelor Degree Programs in
- Bachelors of Architecture,
- BA – Drama and Theatre Studies, Economics, English, French, Geography, German, History, Music and Dance, Digital Culture and Communications, Philosophy, Politics and International Relations, Psychology, Public Administration and Leadership, Sociology, Spanish, Theology and Religious Studies, History, Politics, Sociology, Literature and Law, Applied Languages, Criminal Justice, European Studies, International Business, Journalism and Digital Communication, Law and Accounting, Performing Arts, Psychology and Sociology,
- Bachelor of Business Studies, Education in Languages,
- Bachelors of Engineering in Electronic and Computer Engineering, Chemical & Biochemical Engineering, Science in Mathematics and Computer Science, Mathematics, Science in Construction Management and Engineering, Science in Equine Science, Science in Financial Mathematics, Science in Food Science and Health, Product Design and Technology, Aeronautical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Design and Manufacture, Mechanical Engineering, Mathematics and Physics, Mathematics and Economics, Applied Physics,
- Bachelor of Science in Midwifery, Nursing, Paramedic Studies, Physical Education, Physiotherapy, Psychology, Sport and Exercise Sciences, Technology Management, Biological and Chemical Sciences, Bioscience, Environmental Science, Industrial Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical and Industrial Chemistry, Computer Systems, Computer Games Development, Mobile Communications and Security, Digital Media Design, Music, Media & Performance Technology,
- Bachelor of Technology (Education) in Materials and Architectural Technology, Materials and Engineering Technology,
- Bachelor of Law.
Master Degree Programs in
- MA – Art & Technology, Interaction and Experience Design, Professional Masters of Education, Psychology, Applied Linguistics (International), Community Research, Comparative Literature and Cultural Studies, Creative Writing, English, Gender, Culture & Society, Global Irish Studies, History, Irish-German Studies, International Studies, Human Rights in Criminal Justice, International Studies, Media Studies, Peace and Development Studies, Politics, Serious Crime Investigation, Sociology (Applied Social Research), Sociology (Youth, Community & Social Regeneration), Technical Communication & E-Learning, Business Management, International Tourism, Classical String Performance, Community Music, Composition and Creative Music Practice, Dance Performance, Ethnomusicology, Festive Arts, Irish Dance Studies, Irish Traditional Music Performance, Music Therapy, Ritual Chant & Song, Songwriting, Ethnochoreology,
- MSc – Advanced Engineering Materials, Aeronautical Engineering, Applied Physics, Art & Technology, Biomedical Device Materials, Digital Health Transformation, Design for Health and Well being, Health Informatics, Interaction and Experience Design, Mathematical Modelling, Mechanical Engineering, Software Development: International Systems, Software Engineering, Sustainable Resource Management: Policy & Practice, Advanced Healthcare Practice, Applied Sports Coaching, Human Nutrition and Dietetics, Mental Skills and Mental Health in Sports and Exercise, Nursing (Dementia / Palliative / Perioperative Care), Occupational Therapy (Professional Qualification), Perinatal Mental Health, Physiotherapy (Professional Qualification), Psychological Science, Speech and Language Therapy (Professional Qualification), Sports Performance, Sport, Exercise and Performance Psychology, Business Analytics, Computational Finance, Economics & Policy Analysis, Financial Services, Human Resource Management, International Management and Global Business, Marketing, Consumption and Society,
- LLM – Law (General), Law LLB (Graduate Entry), Human Rights in Criminal Justice, International Commercial Law,
- MBA – Business Administration Executive, International Entrepreneurship Management, Project and Program Management (Distance Learning), Project Management, Risk Management and Insurance, Taxation,
- MEng – Computer and Communications Systems, Information and Network Security, Mechatronics,
- M.Arch – Architecture.
Approximate tuition fees at the University of Limerick for various
- Bachelor Degree Programs range in between 3424 USD / 12580 Dirham / 242450 INR to 13200 USD / 48500 Dirham / 934720 INR per annum.
- Master Degree Programs range in between 7250 USD / 26615 Dirham / 512620 INR per annum.
The requirements differ based on students’ academic background. Apply Now to know further information on application details, admission requirements, transcripts/marksheet evaluation, visa process and other important guidelines.
Gyanberry and it’s team are the BEST. They played a very important role in my career deciding point, by helping me choose which university I need to apply for my future studies
Uzair GhoriALUMNI, THE WESTMINSTER SCHOOL, DUBAI
Gyanberry was very helpful, they shared with us the questions, whatever they could, their past experiences from other students. I have been in contact with them while called, while emailed and they were very nice about it
Jaafar Al-QazzazALUMNI, RASHID AL-SALEH PRIVATE SCHOOL
My experience with Gyanberry is a wonderful experience. They helped me a lot in knowing about the university and they motivated me to study in Germany and helped me in the visa process. I would recommend this to other students because my seniors also recommend it to me
Vaishak NaikALUMNI, INDIAN HIGH SCHOOL