Eastern Mediterranean University
Looking to study in Turkey? Study abroad at one of the top universities in the world, Eastern Mediterranean University, Turkey. With its highly developed infrastructure, prominent academic staff members, 20,000 students from 106 and 1,100 academics from 35 different countries, quality programmes in English, the opportunity of learning a second foreign language, student exchange programmes, rich sports, social and cultural activity opportunities, international accreditation, an international teaching context, and a diploma recognized throughout the world, EMU prepares its students for their international careers by educating them in becoming creative and competitive individuals with entrepreneurial skills. On the list that features 1100 universities from 79 different countries, the Eastern Mediterranean University is the only university from the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (TRNC).
Looking to study in Turkey? Study abroad at one of the best universities in Turkey, Eastern Mediterranean University. EMU is a full member of the International Association of Universities, the European University Association, Community of Mediterranean Universities and the Federation of the Universities of the Islamic World. Giving special importance to international recognition, EMU has received the accreditation of various prominent international accrediting bodies. Eastern Mediterranean University is only one of five universities in the region to have been awarded the prestigious ABET (Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology) in the field of engineering. Similarly, EMU Architecture Faculty holds the MİAK accreditation. Business and Economics Faculty, Tourism Faculty and School of Computing and Technology have been granted the accreditation of FIBAA. Education Faculty English Language Teaching (ELT) Department was accredited by AQAS. Additionally, EMU School of Tourism and Hospitality Management gained the accreditation of TEDQUAL and the Computer Technologies and Information Systems offered by the School of Computing and Technology (SCT) successfully passed ASIIN accreditation process. EMU Foreign Languages and English Preparatory School has successfully obtained EDEXCEL accreditation. Last but not least, Eastern Mediterranean University’s Business and Economics Faculty is a full member of EFMD and AACSB along with only three universities in Turkey.
The Student Exchange Program is a fantastic opportunity available for the students at the Eastern Mediterranean University to spend a semester or two at one of many universities that EMU collaborates with across 13 countries. These carefully prepared collaborations with prominent institutions across the globe gives every student at EMU the chance to take their courses in countries like America, Canada, Italy, Austria, South Korea and China, and transfer their credits to EMU completed. The undeniable benefits of such a program are made even easier to reach by a well experienced team at the International office, helping every student individually with their journey. With more universities and countries being added to the student exchange portfolio, EMU is providing more opportunities for more students.
A large portion of our international students are on 50% and 25% scholarships. During the online application to the academic programs the students indicate that they wish to be considered, the decisions are made based on the academic performance of the candidate and academic program applied.There are some full scholarships at the undergraduate level and PhD level. The undergraduate full scholarship applications are considered by the scholarship committee 30 days before the beginning of the semester for scholarships of type 7 and 60 days before the beginning of the semester for scholarships of type 3 The student needs to have admission to the program that they have applied to in order to be considered.
Eastern Mediterranean University library endeavors to constantly improve its performance as an active supporter and provider for the university’s effective, innovative, and student-centered approach to education, and as an indispensable element in the academic process based on this approach. In keeping with its significant role in both the qualitative and quantitative aspects of scientific research, EMU library strives to create all the necessary facilities and opportunities for all students and members of academic staff, in the process of conducting research and accessing information. Preparing students not only for their profession, but also for life is part of the university’s objectives. Within this framework, we, as the library, do our utmost in ensuring that our students can locate all types of data in a systematic environment, in order to contribute to the education of sensitive young people who have learned how to learn and are keen to research and are capable of generating knowledge based on acquired knowledge.
Students of Eastern Mediterranean University benefit from a wide variety of sports facilities. A modern stadium with a capacity of 5,000 seats, tartan athletics track, cardio center, spinning and TRX halls and an open area of 66,500 m2 for sports and closed sports complex with a capacity of 3,500 seats are only some of the facilities from which students can benefit. Eastern Mediterranean University offers a colorful and high quality campus life enriched by numerous social and cultural activities organised by more than 50 student clubs and international student associations operating under the International Office.
Eastern Mediterranean University has a fully equipped Health Center with 13 specialist doctors and a private ambulance. As well as the Health Center, there are over 30 research centers, some of which directly provide services for students. Students can directly benefit from the services of the Center for Psychological Counseling, Guidance and Research (PDRAM) and the Center for Graduate Communications and Career Research.
Eastern Mediterranean University offer
Bachelor Degree Programs in
- BA – Animation and Game Design, English Language Teaching, International Relations, International Trade and Business, New Media and Journalism, Political Science, Public Administration, Public Relations and Advertising, Radio-Tv and Film Studies, Translation and Interpretation, Visual Arts and Visual Communication Design,
- BArch – Architecture, Interior Architecture,
- BBA – Business Administration, Human Resources Management, Management Information Systems,
- BS – Actuarial Science -Banking and Finance Double Major, Mathematics and Computer Science Double Major, Banking and Finance, Banking and Insurance, Economics, Industrial Engineering – Business Administration Double Major, International Finance, Management Engineering, Marketing, Mathematics and Computer Science, Recreation Management, Tourism and Hospitality Management,
- BS – Biomedical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering – Information System Engineering Double Major, Computer Engineering – Software Engineering Double Major, Computer Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering – Information Systems Engineering Double Major, Electrical and Electronic Engineering – Mechatronics Engineering Double Major, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Industrial Engineering – Mechanical Engineering Double Major, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering,
- B.S Information System Engineering – Computer Engineering Double Major, Information Systems Engineering – Electrical and Electronic Engineering Double Major, Information Systems Engineering, Information Technology, Software Engineering,
- Dentistry, Medicine, Molecular Biology and Genetics, Nursing, Nutrition & Dietetics, Pharmacy, Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation, Psychology,
- Guidance and Psychological Counseling.
Master Degree Programs in
- MS – Cultural Heritage Studies (Collaborative Program with METU and Politecnico di Milano),
- M.S – Engineering Business Management (Collaborative Program with the University of Warwick), Supply Chain and Logistics Management (Collaborative Program with the University of Warwick)
- LLM – Comparative Legal Systems (without Thesis) (Joint Program with the University of Bologna).
Approximate tuition fees for various degree programs range in between 8411 USD / 30900 Dirham / 600000 INR to 20161 USD / 74050 Dirham / 1428300 INR per annum.
The requirements differ based on the students’ academic background. Apply Now to know further information on application details, admission requirements, transcripts/marksheet evaluation, visa process and other important guidelines.
Gyanberry and it’s team are the BEST. They played a very important role in my career deciding point, by helping me choose which university I need to apply for my future studies
Uzair GhoriALUMNI, THE WESTMINSTER SCHOOL, DUBAI
Gyanberry was very helpful, they shared with us the questions, whatever they could, their past experiences from other students. I have been in contact with them while called, while emailed and they were very nice about it
Jaafar Al-QazzazALUMNI, RASHID AL-SALEH PRIVATE SCHOOL
My experience with Gyanberry is a wonderful experience. They helped me a lot in knowing about the university and they motivated me to study in Germany and helped me in the visa process. I would recommend this to other students because my seniors also recommend it to me
Vaishak NaikALUMNI, INDIAN HIGH SCHOOL